NATIONWIDE LAMP / BULB RECYCLING PROGRAMS
FOR CRUSHED AND UNCRUSHED BULBS
Mercury is a toxic metal that is hazardous to both the environment and human health and is currently one of the hottest topics at EPA. Due to the presence of mercury in fluorescent lamps WASTECARE strongly encourages the recycling of these materials and it’s your corporate responsibility for proper disposal. Depending on your state regulations, disposing of your spent bulbs (uncrushed or crushed) in a dumpster or a municipal landfill is not an option and levied with hefty fines. Recycling maximizes the reuse of the components – while minimizing your liability.
Peace of Mind
THE LAMP / BULB RETURN PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL FLUORESCENT LAMPS AND H.I.D. BULBS, either Crushed or UnCrushed.
Offering Complete Compliance With All Federal, State and Local Regulations - Comprehensive and Convenient Pollution Prevention Program
For the Crushed Bulbs, Here’s how it works:
Contact WasteCare to get Set-Up for the Recycling Service Pick-Up Program. The Set-Up process is simple and easy. (Be sure to contact WasteCare well before the 55 gallon drum becomes full.)
1. Customer completes a Pick-Up Request Form, which includes a contact person & telephone number to communicate with for the pick-up
2. Customer faxes the completed Pick-Up Request form.
3. The Pick-Up is scheduled.
4. A confirmation is emailed regarding the pick-up.
5. The driver calls the contact person indicated on the Pick-Up Request Form to coordinate the Pick-Up.
6. The waste is picked up and brought to the Recycling Facility. (The Full Drum is picked up and an empty container dropped off). - Note: Each drum holds roughly 3,000 of the CFL's, 1,350 of the 4' T8 Straight Bulbs, 800 of the 4' T12 Straight Lamps, 400 of the 4' T12 bulbs and 300 of the 4' T17 bulbs.
7. The waste gets recycled and the customer receives a Certificate of Recycling.
The current Charges (subject to some occasional fluctuations) are basically a Transport Fee that ranges from $150 to $175 (and possible fuel surcharges) and also a disposal charge of approximately $250 per drum for the crushed bulbs. Since 4 drums can typically fit on a pallet it is best to process at least 4 drums at a time (because the transport fee is the same whether 1 drum or 4 drums are processed).
For the Uncrushed Bulbs a complete recycling kit program (service) is also available for all of your spent bulbs / lamps. Here’s how to participate:
1. Either use the undamaged original packaging that your current lamps are packaged in for your lamp replacement or we’ll send you a container.
2. Contact WasteCare to obtain your Ground shipping label, two warning / instruction labels that you will apply to the return carton, a shipping number and any special instructions that you may need.
3. When the box is full of spent lamps, tape both ends of the box completely closed, fill out the Ground shipping label with your facility's name and address and attach this label to the box.
4. Give this box to the carrier as designated.
5. Within a few weeks, a confirmation Recycling Certificate will be mailed to you for your records.
ADVANTAGES OF RECLAMATION PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- One price includes everything you need
- Convenience for small quantities with storage limitations.
- Reduces the chances of contamination
- Allows you to purchase recycling services based on your individual needs.
- Allows for proper management with minimal handling of waste.
- Eliminates the need to fill out mountains of complicated shipping documents.
- Reduces administrative burden without reducing control from start to finish
- Establishes documented standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Reduces your exposure when disposing of lamps on this program.
Note: Programs are also available for batteries and e-scrap. Call for details.